Academy of Learning Career College is Canada’s largest, Canadian owned network of career colleges. With 50+ campuses across the country, students can choose a college location depending on the region of Canada they wish to experience. Kingston, Ontario is located at the East end of Lake Ontario where the beautiful 1000 Islands begin. The College offers programs in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare, Hospitality, Accounting/Finance and more.
The historic town of Kingston, which was once the capital of Canada, has many excellent restaurants, theatres and local attractions as well as three large Hospitals and many large government offices, all offering great employment opportunities for our graduates. So, Come study with us, in our beautiful Limestone City and earn your Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development approved diploma.
Academy of Learning Career College, Kingston is authorized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept and enroll international students. Our Designated Learning Institution(DLI) number is O19303790322.
Before applying to Academy of Learning Career College, Kingston Campus, please ensure that you satisfy the following requirements. These requirements must be met in order for us to confirm acceptance and process the Letter of Acceptance required to obtain a student visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend Academy of Learning Career College, Kingston Campus.
- Complete our International Student Application downloadable form (click here to download the form).
- Enrolment into an Academy of Learning diploma program requires successful completion of high school. You may be asked to provide a copy of your high school diploma and/or transcript, translated into English and assessed by a recognized assessment service found at the following link: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_ACADEMIC.html to ensure equivalency to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma(OSSD). Or you may attempt the College’s entrance test. (Contact us for details)
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide results of a TOEFL – English Language Test with a minimum score of iBT 71 or PBT 525 or an (IELTS)English Language Entry Examination – Academic test score of 6 with a minimum 5.5 on any one test, before you can be accepted into a diploma program. If a student requires assistance with English before and/or during their studies, Academy of Learning may be able to assist with a short six month ESL training program if this will meet your needs. Some exceptions to this English language entrance requirement may be made for those that can prove they have successfully undertaken post secondary studies in the English language for a minimum of two years.
- Once accepted into a program, a $250 registration/administration fee must accompany the signed contract. This fee is payable in Canadian funds and is non-refundable if the application is cancelled or the study visa is denied. For the processing of your contract, payment can be made in either of the following methods: (a) by sending a certified demand draft payable to Academy of Learning Career College (b) by providing a credit card.
- Payment for the balance of the fees must agreed upon before the start of your program and will be outlined in the contract.
- After the processing of your registration contract, a Letter of Acceptance will be issued.
- Please note that graduates of AOLCC programs are not eligible to participate in the Post Graduate Work Permit Program, but may be able to work part time while studying.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 1.613.544.8973 to talk to one of our Admissions Counsellors. They will do their best to provide answers to your questions to ensure you are comfortable to begin your international learning experience.
Once again, to download the application form click here.
Academy of Learning Career College
1469 Princess St.
The Kingston, Ontario campus of Academy of Learning Career College does not offering any housing options directly. The following is a list of possible resources to help you find a place to live while studying at Academy of Learning Career College.
The college does not endorse any of the above services and the choice of where to stay while studying at the Kingston, Ontario campus of Academy of Learning Career College is solely the student’s responsibility and choice.
It is mandatory that students attending College in Ontario obtain medical insurance to cover them during his/her study period. Here is a suggested source:
And here is a government site explaining private health insurance for newcomers and visitors:
Academic and Peer Counselling Supports
All students are assigned a Mentor when they register for a program at the college. Academic progress is closely monitored and discussed with students on a monthly basis. There is currently no formal Peer group established, students are welcome to develop friendships with all current students as they wish and see fit.
Cultural and/or Religious Community Organizations
The following are helpful links to services in the community, most can be found by contacting Immigrant Services Kingston and Area (ISKA). ISKA is dedicated to helping and supporting immigrants, refugees, and other newcomers in adjusting to their new community in Kingston, Ontario. Our services are free and we offer a variety of services to serve individuals, families and youth. Please review our site and feel free to contact us. Everyone is welcome! ISKA is funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.
- Kingston Local Settlement Agencies
- Kingston Ethnocultural Groups
- Kingston Places of Worship
- Immigrant Services Kingston Facebook Page
- Kingston Community Health Centres
Health and Other Social Services Supports
The following link includes information on the many services available in the Kingston community including hospitals, clinics and other types of health and social services, like mental health, etc… that are available to help individuals and families
Embassy Contacts – Ontario
Orientation / Welcome – Upon Arrival
A college representative will meet the new International Student upon arrival to Kingston. The representative will assist them in locating the student’s residence and will introduce them to Immigrant Services Kingston and Area (ISKA), where he/she will participate in the resettle assist program.
Students will be given a full tour of the college facilities, will be introduced to all staff members and will meet their Mentor. New students are also introduced to the entire student body during one of our regular, weekly Wednesday student meetings.
Weather – Kingston, Ontario