Conference and Event Planner (NOC 1226)
Meetings, events and conventions are one of the fastest growing segments of the economy and embrace multiple aspects of all industries. The Conference and Event Planner Diploma is designed to prepare students for careers in the fast-paced and exciting world of conference and event management.
This program appeals to individuals who are charismatic, outgoing, energetic, and entrepreneurial, as the Conference and Event Planner plays a dynamic role within any organization. Its objective is to expose students to a broad range of knowledge and processes, administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a conference and event planning related career. The program provides the skills to progress into higher-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training.
This program provides students with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the development and/or implementation of conferences and events for a variety of business sectors.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of planning and coordinating event logistics.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of event planning and marketing practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.
Graduates of this program are employed by tourism, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centers, government agencies and conference and event planning companies.
- Conference and Meeting Planner
- Conference Services Officer
- Convention Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Social Events Coordinator
- Special Events Organizer
- Special Events Program Planner
- Trade Show Planner
- And More…