At AOLCC Kingston Campus, our students have always been our top priority, and our commitment to you has only increased during this period of uncertainty. We continue to monitor and assess new developments as the Province has declared a state of emergency due to COVID-19.
We know that it is a worrisome time right now, and we’re right there with you. At AOLCC Kingston Campus our top priority is everyones health and well-being.
This means that the Kingston Campus will remain closed for students until further notice.
Students will be allowed the flexibility to continue to work toward their program completion from the comfort and safety of their homes. Fortunately for AOLCC, our Integrated Learning System (ILS) is ideally suited for online study through the infrastructure we already have in place and our students will continue with their study program remotely, during these unprecedented times.
The Campus office will remain open during normal working hours from March 23, 2020 and students may contact the facilitators by email for any queries related to their courses.
With respect to your studies, we would like you to be made aware of the following:
- Students will be able to work on courses at home. Whenever they log in, they will need to email their mentor to let them know, as well as when they log out. Learning Hub may be accessed at Learning Hub Your User Name and Password will remain the same.
- Students will be given the temporary privilege of completing exams at home. You must email your mentor to advise them of when you are ready to write your exam so that they may release it for your access. If your exam requires Lockdown Browser, you will need to ensure it is downloaded to your computer/laptop. You may download the Lockdown Browser here: Lockdown Browser
You must email your mentor to ensure that they know when you have completed the exam.
- If your course requires that a practical exam be completed prior to the online portion, please ensure that you are submitting the required practical portion to the Assignments folder in Learning Hub.
- Your mentor will need to be informed when you need another course released to you. If you feel you need your textbooks, you may pick them up at the college; however, you must inform your mentor when you are coming so that they will have everything ready. You will pick up the materials at the front door. Textbooks are not essential to all courses, so if you are able to work on your course without them, it may be advisable to do so to minimize your exposure to others.
- Once it has been advised by our government that conditions are safe enough for public interaction, all students will be expected to attend the college for their regular, required hours.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We will provide you as much information as we can, however, please understand that we may not immediately have all the answers as the current situation continues to evolve. We ask for your continued patience as we work through the many details and are certain that with your understanding and support, we will work through this together.
Please continue to look after yourselves and your loved ones and be kind and respectful of each other.
Thank you for your patience and for your continued support.
The Director and Staff of AOLCC, Kingston Campus.
What do you want to accomplish?
Are you a Canadian Armed Forces member in the process of exiting the military for any reason? The Kingston, Ontario campus of Academy of Learning Career College is offering a FREE, comprehensive Job Search and Resume Preparation course.